This Pumpkin Nut Bread is a celebration of the Fall Harvest.
You can make this bread completely in your bread machine for a wonderful loaf of yeast pumpkin bread. Or, the dough can be made in the bread machine and then shaped into a loaf or festive pumpkin shape and then baked in a conventional oven. To make preparation really easy, I used a combination of both methods.
Pumpkin Nut Bread Recipe
The recipe for this bread is courtesy of ACH Foods.
- 3/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons canned pumpkin*
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
Set aside a 1-inch square from each. Roll each half to 10 x 11-inch oval. Place 1-inch square on top of pumpkin as stem.