Friday, September 25, 2009

Multigrain Bread: BBA Challenge

Today we made the 20th bread in the Bread Baker's Apprentice Challenge: Multigrain Bread Extraordinare. This bread definitely lives up to its name. It's a delicious and healthy bread. It tastes great toasted or with just butter. I haven't tried it with PB&J yet, but I'm sure it will taste yummy! It tastes particularly good with citrus marmalade.

This multigrain formula utilizes a soaker that is prepared the night before you plan to make the bread. I used a soaker of polenta, rolled oats, and wheat bran. The formula provides other options for the soaker but these are the ingredients I had readily available so that is what I used. When I make this bread again, I think I'll substitute quinoa or millet for the polenta and possibly buckwheat for the rolled oats. It might be awhile though - we've got 23 more breads to go... Oh dear! So many breads, so little time...

Back to the soaker... It only takes a few minutes to prepare the soaker, then you just leave it on the counter to, well soak. I prepared the soaker before bed, then left it on the counter all night until I was ready to bake the next evening after work. I made the bread in one evening. It's a very easy dough to work with!

multigrain-bread

 

This is a delicious bread that’s easy to make.  It works well for sandwiches and makes a wonderful toast with butter or jam.  I’ll definitely make this one again.

 

This bread has been YeastSpotted in the weekly bread roundup hosted by Susan of Wild Yeast.

 

Happy baking!

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'am author of old country buffet coupons
that give mcdonalds coupons
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from 
banana nut bread paula deen
almond roca

Popular Posts